Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing purchases in IOS 11

I have family sharing setup. I've had no issues up until IOS 11. I purchased an app on my phone and my wife, on the family sharing, can't see it as purchased, she sees it as a new purchase. Used to, you could go into App Store, click on the updates icon, then at the top you'd see purchased apps, click it and see your family members. From there you could click one and see their purchases. In IOS 11, this is gone. How do you find purchases from your family members? Why does my wife see the app as a new purchase instead of the cloud with an arrow?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 12:38 PM

Apple moved it. it's no longer obvious how to get to it. Purchased Apps can only be found by clicking on your picture in the Updates tab.

And yes, both my wife and I have a new iPhone 8, which came with 11.

4 replies

Oct 30, 2017 2:39 PM in response to Technojunky01

I found the purchases, I have a different issue. Until we updated to IOS 11, I had setup one payment source and my kids (10 & 13) had to "Ask to Buy" anything - it was fabulous! Now it's broken, we have all updated and performed each updated and it still fails - No one is notified, it just never asks. Kind of a blessing as they were driving me crazy with it but it really was a great feature. Not sure if anyone else used it as I can't find any content on it searching but I did like it and need it. My workaround is they tell me what Apps they want, I buy them (even free ones) and then they can go to "purchases" and get access to them - not elegant but it works.

Anyone else? Bueller? Thanks...

Family Sharing purchases in IOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.