Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi calling not working in iOS 11

Hello,

After I have upgraded my iPhone 7 to iOS 11, the wifi calling is not working anymore. Under iOS 10.3.3 the wifi calling options was working fine. My operator is "Claro" from Brazil.

I have made all the recommendations of apple technical papers to enable wifi calling, but all of them gave no results.

Anyone is experiencing something like that?

Thanks in advance,

Muriel

iPhone 7, iOS 11, 128 Gb

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2017 2:58 AM

WiFi calling is a carrier feature.

So if you have already tried all the steps recommended by Apple, it is likely there is an issue at your carrier end that is preventing it from working with the new iOS.

Contact customer support at your carrier for assistance.

12 replies

Nov 18, 2017 12:25 AM in response to murielliz

-Please check your iPhone Enable wifi Calling

Settings App => Phone => Wi-Fi Calling => Check out Wi-Fi Calling on this iPhone enabled/Green

-Hard Reboot your iPhone

-Your Router Restart or Time Capsule

-Try backup and Restore your iPhone

- If none of the above tips works, then backup and restore the device using iTunes. because the update may have been corrupted. hope this would be resolved Wi-Fi calling Stopped working.for more info readthis thread : https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-to-fix-wi-fi-calling-not-working-on-iphone-ios11 /

Dec 3, 2017 3:09 PM in response to madra31

Although your response is correct, it is not helpful. I have two iPhone 6S's and both with the same carrier. One was updated this morning with iOS 11.2 and the other was not. The one with 11.2 will no longer displays Wi-Fi calling as being connected on the home screen. However, it does show it as being on in the settings menu. In this case, it is not a carrier issue but an issue with the update.

Dec 7, 2017 3:22 PM in response to badubose

I have found on a number of other sites that this issue is very prominent with Sprint Customers. I have two iPhone 6S in the home and both on Sprint. The one with iOS 11.2 the wi-fi calling is intermittent and worked just fine prior to the update. The one still on iOS 11.1.2 works just fine. Because of this, I firmly feel this is an iOS issue and not a carrier issue.

wifi calling not working in iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.