You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

straight talk refuses to unlock

They are refusing to unlock my phone because they stated that it is showing up as not ever being activated in the system. What's my options to fix this

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 9:19 AM

8 replies

Sep 25, 2017 9:39 AM in response to royfromar

If you purchased a Straight Talk device and did not activate it with them, there isn't much you can do. Since you were an AT&T customer, did you ask them if they would unlock it?

Otherwise, there is nothing anyone here, nor Apple can help you with. If it is locked to Straight Talk, they are the only ones that can authorize the unlock. You will have to deal with them.

Sep 25, 2017 9:34 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I got it at walmart a few years ago and for a long time had no problems using it on my at&t service till recently when i inquired about that fact they stated that it must have been a "glitch" in there system that was caught and now they wont even let me try and activate it through their system because they stated it was showing as not being active and i would have to go back to the store and have it re-scanned which i cant do because i have the apple box but not anything with straight talk on it for them to be able to scan i have even emailed them pictures of the info on the phone showing what i have been telling them and what they asked for and that when they said that they would have to see the receipt after all this time and hung up rudely on me

Sep 25, 2017 9:46 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

And there my problem straight talk refuses to try and find a solution all the tech does is read from the same script and hangs up and refuses to even let me talk to someone higher up on the food chain with them swearing that it has never been active in there system is there anything one of these third party unlockers can do for me or would that even be a waste of time

straight talk refuses to unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.