Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nike Apple Watch vs. Apple Watch Series 3

so i am thinking of buying the new apple watch and wanted to know the difference between the two watches to better narrow down my options.

[Re-Titled by Host]

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 11:45 AM

Hi

No - Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 models feature include a Nike Band, exclusive Nike watch faces (along with the standard Apple Watch watch faces) and closer integration with the Nike+ Run Club app. The Nike watch faces include a permanent complication / shortcut for launching the app.

Otherwise, the models have the same internal hardware features as the comparable model (case material and GPS or GPS + Cellular version) and the same standard features of watchOS. The Nike+ Run Club app can also be installed on other Apple Watch models.

Note that Nike+ models are only available in aluminium case versions, with Ion-X glass. Other Series 3 models offer the option of a stainless steel case and sapphire crystal (or ceramic case, for Apple Watch Edition).

More information:

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2017 11:45 AM in response to rafofkhan

Hi

No - Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 models feature include a Nike Band, exclusive Nike watch faces (along with the standard Apple Watch watch faces) and closer integration with the Nike+ Run Club app. The Nike watch faces include a permanent complication / shortcut for launching the app.

Otherwise, the models have the same internal hardware features as the comparable model (case material and GPS or GPS + Cellular version) and the same standard features of watchOS. The Nike+ Run Club app can also be installed on other Apple Watch models.

Note that Nike+ models are only available in aluminium case versions, with Ion-X glass. Other Series 3 models offer the option of a stainless steel case and sapphire crystal (or ceramic case, for Apple Watch Edition).

More information:

Oct 25, 2017 5:04 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Excellent response, thank you.

Just to be absolutely sure I understand, can you please confirm that the non-Nike version of an Apple Watch does NOT have anything (hardware or software) that the Nike version does not have? In other words, if I buy the Nike version, I am not 'losing out' in any way compared to buying the non-Nike version?

Regards,

Martin.

Nike Apple Watch vs. Apple Watch Series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.