Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will TarDisk work with MacOS High Sierra?

Hi - I've been reading about new File System - looks like TarDisk may no longer be supported as a Fusion Drive - anyone upgraded yet to MacOS High Sierra - and still managed to keep TarDisk ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 3:47 PM

Yes, I have upgraded and am having "spinning wheel" issues. It seems to be whenever my laptop (macbook air) goes to sleep I get the issue when awakening.

Some research showed that this was a problem for others in Sierra. I had it intermittently then but now it seems to be every time.

A suggestion in a previous post was to change settings to never sleep in energy saver and then actually shut down when not using. Start up is pretty quick.

I've tried this and it does seem to work.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 3:47 PM in response to kevbeckett

Yes, I have upgraded and am having "spinning wheel" issues. It seems to be whenever my laptop (macbook air) goes to sleep I get the issue when awakening.

Some research showed that this was a problem for others in Sierra. I had it intermittently then but now it seems to be every time.

A suggestion in a previous post was to change settings to never sleep in energy saver and then actually shut down when not using. Start up is pretty quick.

I've tried this and it does seem to work.

Sep 28, 2017 12:39 AM in response to dylan1950

I’ve also managed to make the jump to High Sierra now, happy to report TarDisk working as before. I had seen the spinning disk issue on waking from sleep prior to upgrading to HS and still have it now. I had flattened and rebuilt my MBP previously and this temporarily solved the issue but it came back after a short time. I will play with the sleep settings as suggested and see if it fixes, I’ve already tried the NVRAM and PRAM fixes to no avail, thanks for responding K

Will TarDisk work with MacOS High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.