Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color calibration issue on High Sierra

Just upgraded to High Sierra, and now my iMac screen lost the tone, brightness and colors I used to. The colors are pale, the tone is cold, the white is blue-ish... It looks disgusting.

I can see that the default profile for the display was overwritten during the installation: it says now iMac-2838C3DD-A394-78C1-4A5E-57649BBC5643.icc with the today's date.

I suspect that I should be able to get back to what I have if I am able to get my previous display profile somehow (which was a factory default, actually). Can I get somewhere the factory default display profile for iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2013?

Or is there a way to restore my MacOS Sierra installation?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13), Display colors

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 12:40 AM

Same on my iMac (27-inch, Late 2012).
Switching off 'Automatically adjust brightness' in the Displays System Settings did the trick for me.
The transition between the two states is subtle so close your eyes and wait a second or two.

13 replies

Sep 25, 2017 6:39 PM in response to tarabarsky

tarabarsky wrote:

Just upgraded to High Sierra, and now my iMac screen lost the tone, brightness and colors I used to. The colors are pale, the tone is cold, the white is blue-ish... It looks disgusting.

I can see that the default profile for the display was overwritten during the installation: it says now iMac-2838C3DD-A394-78C1-4A5E-57649BBC5643.icc with the today's date.

I suspect that I should be able to get back to what I have if I am able to get my previous display profile somehow (which was a factory default, actually). Can I get somewhere the factory default display profile for iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2013?

Or is there a way to restore my MacOS Sierra installation?

Yes you can restore back to Sierra however only if you have a backup of it. How you would do that is by using your bootable clone to restore or you can use Time Machine to restore. If you have a SSD installed as your primary drive in your computer then all bets are off as the file format is different on HS than it was on all different versions of Mac OS.

Comments like yours ALWAYS come up when a new release comes out. My advice is be patient and wait for some updates, there is a chance what you are seeing is your perception even possibly imagined.

Dec 4, 2017 1:01 PM in response to tarabarsky

Same problem here, but it went in gradations.

First the colors were just very strange and very bright, but the Brightness-buttons didn't work.

Now, after couple of days and after a shut doxn of the iMac, the colors are completely changed and although the brightness-buttons work again, there is no way to work on the iMac; the contrast is very bad, text is not visible, etc.

The strangest thing is that the window Where i have to give my pw is completely Ok...

Color calibration issue on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.