You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 activation error 0xE800000C

My daughter has been using this iPad for years without incident. Today, iOS said it the device needed to be activated, but couldn't activate. Issues may have been the activation server was down, try again later.

I then tried to connect through iTunes to activate and got the following error.

User uploaded file

Anyone have any ideas what's going on or how to get passed this screen?

Thx.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 5:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 10:58 PM

I had same issue with my iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5 on 10/06/2017 around about 10:35 p.m.

I turned off iPad2, then launched iTunes (latest version), and then plug iPad2 up to usb port of laptop to allow laptop to power up iPad2. Then after a minute or so received a message asking to allow iTunes to access your device (iPad2). I allowed, and then receive message to check my device, which then prompted for apple id and password. After entering credentials iTunes gave me a similar message, but my iPad 2 did activate and my home screen with all my icons, apps...etc loaded like it normally does.

So, are you plugging up the iPad2 turned on or off before launching iTunes. I would suggest to turn iPad2 off, then launch iTunes (make sure latest version), and then plug iPad2 up to Laptop or PC to allow that device to power up iPad2. iTunes should pick up on the iPad2 as I mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2017 10:58 PM in response to jaycee19

I had same issue with my iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5 on 10/06/2017 around about 10:35 p.m.

I turned off iPad2, then launched iTunes (latest version), and then plug iPad2 up to usb port of laptop to allow laptop to power up iPad2. Then after a minute or so received a message asking to allow iTunes to access your device (iPad2). I allowed, and then receive message to check my device, which then prompted for apple id and password. After entering credentials iTunes gave me a similar message, but my iPad 2 did activate and my home screen with all my icons, apps...etc loaded like it normally does.

So, are you plugging up the iPad2 turned on or off before launching iTunes. I would suggest to turn iPad2 off, then launch iTunes (make sure latest version), and then plug iPad2 up to Laptop or PC to allow that device to power up iPad2. iTunes should pick up on the iPad2 as I mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

iPad 2 activation error 0xE800000C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.