Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t send picture messages to non-iPhone users

I just downloaded the latest iOs 11 update, and now I can’t send picture messages to friends with non-iPhones. Texts go through, but I just get the red exclamation point and says it can’t be delivered, tap try again. I checked my settings, SMS and MMS checked, I restarted my phone, but nothing. I tried a couple different friends and it won’t send. I have full bars for signal. I can send with iMessage. Am I missing something? It was working before the update. Thanks for any advice!

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 1:23 PM

None of the above works. The problem is clearly with ios11. So many people can receive MMS messages from other operating systems but can't send them the other way. ios11 has to be the worse operating system ever released by apple. This has been an issue from day 1 of the release and yet still no solution.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2017 1:23 PM in response to brenden dv

None of the above works. The problem is clearly with ios11. So many people can receive MMS messages from other operating systems but can't send them the other way. ios11 has to be the worse operating system ever released by apple. This has been an issue from day 1 of the release and yet still no solution.

Sep 26, 2017 2:24 PM in response to Audiocapybara

Hi Audiocapybara,

If you're unable to send MMS messages containing images to non-iPhone users, we've a couple suggestions that may help get things sorted with your iPhone.

First, make sure that you're running the latest version of iOS on your iPhone: Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Second, check to see if there are any carrier settings updates available for your device:
Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If you're still unable to send images via MMS to non-iPhone users, follow the steps outlined here: If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Sincerely.

I can’t send picture messages to non-iPhone users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.