Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS update stuck

Hi,

My phone has been stuck “preparing” my iOS 11 update for weeks now. I put a screenshot in. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Gregor.

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 5:50 AM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2017 6:02 PM in response to Gh-57

Hey Gh-57,

I can see that the iOS 11 update has been stuck in your Settings app. I want you to be able to take advantage and enjoy the new iOS and have some info that can get this working for you. To start, since this process began, have you restarted your device? In some cases, you can restart, go back into the Settings > Update and attempt to start the process again. If that doesn't work, check out the tips in the link below.

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates
Specifically, use these steps:

Remove and download the iOS update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
  2. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

IOS update stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.