Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having wifi issues with ATV 4K? Getting 0.1mbps making streaming anything impossible

So using the speedtest app i can see that im getting around 0.1mbps from my 100mbps connection. If i reboot, the speed goes back to around 50mbps for about an hour, then back to 0.1. I've tried resetting and updating etc to no effect. Gone to apple and they arent getting any stock for another 3 weeks so cant exchange it. Is there anything i can do to fix this? (wired connection isnt feasible)

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 5:34 AM

6 replies

Oct 3, 2017 12:46 AM in response to Joekw_

I'm having the same problem. The Apple TV 4k stays connected at 90 MB/sec for a while, than when I start it the next day the speed is too low to stream anything. Rebutting the modem, router and Apple TV helps for a little and then problem returns. I do have three other Apple TV's (versions 1, 2 and 3) and they are all working fine. I did try everything. No permanent solution so far. Will have to return it. Shame.

Oct 3, 2017 4:24 AM in response to Joekw_

Good morning!

I received mine last week with no problems to date and this morning nothing seems to want to load. Network tests seem strong on idevices and wireless router is reporting a good signal. Tried normal restart and hard restart and now the unplugging and waiting. Confused. All our streaming apps seem to be working on other devices. Just not loading on the tv. Note this also applies to the App Store so it seems to me not solely a streaming issue but more focused on the TV’s WiFi.

Oct 3, 2017 9:36 AM in response to Joekw_

Why isnt testing testing via Ethernet feasible? If there’s is a lot of distance or obstructions between router and ATV that will leave room for issues like interference.

If you want to check out the state of your wifi network get a report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. This will show signal strength along with noise and nearby networks.

Anyone else having wifi issues with ATV 4K? Getting 0.1mbps making streaming anything impossible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.