Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS High Sierra- Not able to login using network account after upgrade

I just upgraded to mac high sierra and now I am not able to login using network account. However, I am able to unlock disk using same credentials.

I have two accounts on my machine. One network account with admin privileges and another local account with standard privileges. I am able to login using local account but not with network account. On login screen, I see a red dot beside username saying

network accounts are unavailable.
Since, my local account has standard privileges only, I am not able to make any change to network account settings.

I am using macbook pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2015).

Any help?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 9:27 AM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2017 3:28 PM in response to sb_sb

Hello sb_sb.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, since upgrading to macOS High Sierra you are unable to log in using a network account. I will be happy to help.

Check out the steps below to see if it helps from our article: OS X El Capitan: Allow network users to log in to your Mac

If your Mac is joined to a network account server, you can specify which network users can log into your Mac, and list the names of authorized users in the login window.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Users & Groups, then click Login Options.

2. Click the lock icon User uploaded file to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.

3. Select “Allow network users to log in at login window,” then click Options.

4. Do one of the following:

• Select “All network users,” then click Done.

• Select “Only these network users.” Click the Add button User uploaded file, click Network Users or Network Groups, then choose the users or groups permitted to log in to your Mac. Click Done.

5. To display the names of authorized users during login, select “List of users” for the “Display login window as” setting.

Cheers.

macOS High Sierra- Not able to login using network account after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.