Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I update my billing info? I keep re-entering my debit card info and it keeps saying declined.

Billing info

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 6:19 PM

“Declining” often comes from the bank, so you might want to contact them.

If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203005

9 replies

Jan 20, 2018 9:26 PM in response to AmyQuick

I don't know if this helps, but it might... I tried to upgrade my OS software and kept getting a "billing info" prompt, followed by an error page. Changed my billing info... no luck.

So here's what I think the problem is, and it's what ultimately worked for me... While you can change your billing info in AppleID - and then go to the App Store without a separate log in - it does NOT automatically update your billing info IN THE APP STORE - which is a SEPARATE operation. Try updating your billing and shipping info in both AppleID and the App Store first before attempting a purchase.

Hope this helps.

Why can’t I update my billing info? I keep re-entering my debit card info and it keeps saying declined.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.