Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is apple watch series 3 can be used in Bangladesh?

I am using iphone 6s ios version 10.3.1 and my carrier doesnt support LTE!! Can i use this in Bangladesh??

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 7:50 AM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2017 7:56 AM in response to Sizer753

Hi

There two different versions of Apple Watch Series 3: GPS-only and GPS + Cellular.

Apple Watch - Compare - Apple

The GPS-only models can be used with any carrier and do not have built-in cellular features.

• Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or newer with iOS 11 or newer.
  • Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or newer with iOS 11 or newer.

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) is not locked to any specific country or carrier and has a built-in eSIM that copies information from the iPhone's SIM card.

The built-in cellular features require a carrier plan in your country of use that specifically includes support for Apple Watch (including the carrier activating the device on the plan).

If buying Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) in another country, then you would need to buy a model that supports the relevant LTE and UMTS bands for your intended country of use and your supported carrier there.

There are three different regional versions of Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), each supporting different LTE and UMTS bands, as detailed here:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If in doubt, I suggest that you contact your intended carrier to ask whether any given model can be used on their network with a service plan (current or planned) for iPhone that supports Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular).

The built-in cellular features on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) cannot be used when roaming. Also keep in mind that warranty service availability may be restricted.

Sep 27, 2017 8:07 AM in response to Sizer753

I suggest that you contact your carrier for further assistance regarding model compatibility for the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) version with any future service plan that they may offer that supports the built-in cellular features Apple Watch.

The watch can be used with an iPhone on any carrier plan without activating the built-in cellular features.

(Note that you are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community).

Is apple watch series 3 can be used in Bangladesh?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.