Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Textedit app screen flickering on High Sierra

I have a 2 month old iMac. After recently updating to High Sierra, I notice that the Textedit app screen now flickers. I can duplicate it every time by the following: use command-F to search for a word in the document. Textedit finds the word and now the screen is flickering. It is the only app on my computer that does this. It never did that on Sierra. Anybody experiencing this?

iMac, iOS 10.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 9:57 AM

15 replies

Oct 1, 2017 8:35 AM in response to GlacianNex

TextEdit has become dysfunctional. I was on the phone with apple support for about an hour regarding this issue. They were unable to help. Even after a High Sierra re-install. Didn't make any difference. I finally gave up and downloaded a free text editor called Tincta. Works really good, in fact, much better than TextEdit. After many years with TextEdit, I'm saying goodbye...

Oct 19, 2017 5:50 AM in response to pboyce

I have the same problem with long texts in TextEdit, with many typographic enhancements and web links (near 30 to 40 sec. before my text of 100 000 words stops). But no problems with the same text in pure .txt... Effectively, in full screen mode, only few seconds.

(Since High Sierra on my Mac mini 2014)

Textedit app screen flickering on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.