Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the silence button on or off when it shows the color orange? My ringer isn’t working. The little bell keeps appearing on my phone with and without the line on top of it.

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 12:33 PM

Hello,

Ring/Silent (iPhone only): Use to mute sounds and alerts on your iPhone. If the switch shows orange, it means your iPhone is in silent mode and will vibrate for incoming calls or alerts. When in silent mode, the alarms you set in the Clock app will still sound, and calls from Favorite contacts will still ring.

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 12:33 PM in response to Legalonee

Hello,

Ring/Silent (iPhone only): Use to mute sounds and alerts on your iPhone. If the switch shows orange, it means your iPhone is in silent mode and will vibrate for incoming calls or alerts. When in silent mode, the alarms you set in the Clock app will still sound, and calls from Favorite contacts will still ring.

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Is the silence button on or off when it shows the color orange? My ringer isn’t working. The little bell keeps appearing on my phone with and without the line on top of it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.