Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to run VitualBox?

Hi,

I busted updated to MacOS High Sierra after having it crash. Hence I had to delete the partition of my MacOS and reinstall it. Now I have MacOS High Sierra and have to re-downlaod all my applications. I am unable to install VirtualBox after the upgrade to MacOS High Sierra. Any solution to installing Virtual Box on MacOS High Sierra?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 10:58 AM

22 replies

Oct 1, 2017 3:14 AM in response to dialabrain

I seem to be having similar problems - ever since upgrading I haven't been able to run any version of Virtualbox, I keeps giving me this error -

The virtual machine 'WindowsArduino' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

MachineWrap

Interface:

IMachine {f50b24f0-0956-453c-d14c-8c27c683c295}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------

Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.

where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

I Have already posted on the virtual box forums - https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84788

But they said I should ask apple?

Oct 1, 2017 4:54 AM in response to losane

losane wrote:

I Have already posted on the virtual box forums - https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84788

But they said I should ask apple?

I'm sure what michaln meant to say was…

Otherwise see e.g. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84759 but you might want to complain to Apple anyway for making "our" life more difficult.

He has a history of blaming others when he doesn't know an answer.

Nonetheless, VikingOSX is probably correct. Rather than struggling with beta versions of VirtualBox, wait until the 5.2 release. If you can't wait, you can try the release candidate.virtualbox.org • View topic - VirtualBox 5.2 Release Candidate 1 released

Make sure you use the VirtualBox_Uninstall.tool first. After you install VirtualBox, make sure to check System Preferences > Security & Privacy and allow "Oracle" if listed.

Oct 7, 2017 6:52 AM in response to TC__

Read this, solution is at the end (or page 3):

virtualbox.org • View topic - Virtualbox fails to run on macOS High Sierra - kernel driver not loaded

MacOS troubles, I hope we'll have a fix to make it simply working...

Shortly: restart in safe mode and here allow virtual box and maybe other blocked stuffs. Restart in normal mode and you should be able to install VirtualBox. It worked for me.

Unable to run VitualBox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.