How to buy AppleCare after a purchase?

Hello,

I've got a quick question today:

Last year, I bought my first MacBook Pro the day it was announced and received it in November. Am I still eligible to buy Apple Care for it, or has that window closed?

Thanks,

Phillip

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 2:53 PM

Hello,

You have up to 60 days after your Mac purchase to buy AppleCare+. For pre-orders, your eligibility window starts when your order is shipped. 

You can check the eligibility to purchase AppleCare+ for your device at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

You can get the latest information about AppleCare+ for Mac here: AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple 

Take care!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 2:53 PM in response to Spiriah

Hello,

You have up to 60 days after your Mac purchase to buy AppleCare+. For pre-orders, your eligibility window starts when your order is shipped. 

You can check the eligibility to purchase AppleCare+ for your device at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

You can get the latest information about AppleCare+ for Mac here: AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple 

Take care!

Sep 27, 2017 12:56 PM in response to Spiriah

Hi Phillip,

Most Apple devices come with a limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. If your device is eligible, you can also buy AppleCare+ or an AppleCare Protection Plan for additional coverage.

Make sure that your device is eligible

Before you can buy AppleCare+ or an AppleCare Protection Plan, make sure that your device is eligible. Enter the serial number for your device to find out what additional coverage you can buy. Select the type of coverage that you want listed below, then follow the steps to purchase a plan.

Have a great day!

How to buy AppleCare after a purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.