Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think my Apple ID has been hacked? How can I find out who did this?

Hacked Apple id

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 3:16 PM

Who has access to your secrets?

Not hackers to Apple ID database, certainly. IF it were possible. they would certainly not mess around with publishing photos

Someone with physical access to your phone and knows your password(s)

You could change your email address to one that only YOU know about - AND - create a VERY strong password = then keep those credentials safe from EVERYONE

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 3:16 PM in response to Stinehaugan

Who has access to your secrets?

Not hackers to Apple ID database, certainly. IF it were possible. they would certainly not mess around with publishing photos

Someone with physical access to your phone and knows your password(s)

You could change your email address to one that only YOU know about - AND - create a VERY strong password = then keep those credentials safe from EVERYONE

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Sep 27, 2017 4:22 PM in response to Stinehaugan

You could == Set A Trap to help you find out who might be "after you"

But 2FA should frustrate anyone that knows your credentials.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security for your Apple ID designed to ensure that you're the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password.

Sep 27, 2017 3:35 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

You would be surprised about how normal it is that someone gets into your Apple Id and Get your photos because of Icloud. Happens often Where I Come from anyhow.

As far as I know, no one know my password to my Apple ID , because I bearly remember them myself, and I have to write it down. And if someone did know it would be my boyfriend, and he woud never do that to me because he got super mad when this happend, and he Didnt know about The email I was using for my Apple id because it super old.

I have Been to The police about this, and im having a meeting with them next week. I just Wonder if it is possible for me to find some locations og Ip-adress to see Who has Been or tried to log in to my Apple id without The police, I dont think They would help me so much, Its always like that in cases like this. Or if I cant, can i call Apple support and tell them The situation and Maybe They would try to find some leads?

Sep 27, 2017 3:42 PM in response to Stinehaugan

Think this through.

The police will think this way:

Are you a celebrity?

What 'motive' would someone have for this?

What 'opportunity' do they have to obtain your "secret" Apple ID credentials?

How do they manage access to your iCloud account from some remote location with 2FA enabled?

Apple does not do policing, for this kind of thing - even for stolen devices - remember the San Bernadino iPhone that could not crack and refused to even try?

Sep 27, 2017 3:57 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I have no idea Why someone Want to hurt me this way, not at all. Im not a celebrity, i dont have any money if Thats What They Want. Or I have money, but im not rich. All I know is that some known people(normal people also for all I know) from Norway has Been suffering with leaked photos on The Internett because the photos was sync to ICloud, and if They Get The password to my Apple id They could Get my photos because I found out yesterday that mine was on sync.

So If someone does something criminal, Apple would not help? Well, Thats some bad customer service and just sad.

I will try the link you guys posted, but the damage is already done, I just wanna find out Who whats to do something like this to me. But Thats Harder than i thought, haha.

I think my Apple ID has been hacked? How can I find out who did this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.