Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3G Black thicker than White 3G and won't successfully power on!!

I am really confused why my iPhone 3G I just got from eBay is thicker than the one I had for 9 years? I compared the black one (I just got for $30) vs the white one (got it in 2008 at launch), and it is way thicker.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

The iPhone 3GS's thickness is about the same as that of the iPhone 3G.

iPhone 3G, iOS 3.1.3, 2G, not 3G, 8GB, $10K

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 7:50 PM

iOSAndroidRebel wrote:

Hello Apple guys, please explain to me why one of my iPhone 3G is thicker than the other one? The black 3G vs the white one, and how the 16GB iPhone 3G White has the same thickness as the iPhone 3GS?

Because that's how Apple designed them in California and assembled them in China. 😝

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 7:50 PM in response to iOSAndroidRebel

iOSAndroidRebel wrote:

Hello Apple guys, please explain to me why one of my iPhone 3G is thicker than the other one? The black 3G vs the white one, and how the 16GB iPhone 3G White has the same thickness as the iPhone 3GS?

Because that's how Apple designed them in California and assembled them in China. 😝

iPhone 3G Black thicker than White 3G and won't successfully power on!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.