Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my phone slower and why dise the power run out quicker after i updated it

I up dated to iso 11 and now ever thing is glitching and my phone will run out of power in half they time

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 7:53 PM

After a major upgrade, there is a lot of activity going on in the background (syncing, face and object recognition, Spotlight re-indexing, performing house cleaning tasks, etc). The first few days after an upgrade are not an indication of normal usage. Give it time to settle down.

You can also try a Restart, just in case your particular issues have a different cause.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2017 7:53 PM in response to Jazzybirkhold

After a major upgrade, there is a lot of activity going on in the background (syncing, face and object recognition, Spotlight re-indexing, performing house cleaning tasks, etc). The first few days after an upgrade are not an indication of normal usage. Give it time to settle down.

You can also try a Restart, just in case your particular issues have a different cause.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 19, 2017 12:05 AM in response to Jazzybirkhold

I have three Iphone 5SE / Iphone 6 and had been trying to get all the suggestions I can find and still problems persist. Getting real agitated by getting the Simplified Chinese back /forth with English (as well as the symbols) via keyboard switch, it has been a week and getting really upset with Apple for NOT even tried to test the IOS 11 before launched (60,000 employees NOT using iphones ???????) #^$(@&$(@$!! finally 11.1.2 was here, updated problems still remain!

Might as well tell me good, trusty way for my phone to revert back to iOS10 - (privately, it failed as somehow the older backups in itunes overwritten or may be prior to backup I have deleted older ones to save some space, well this is not Apple's mistake but mine). I n the meantime, I suspend the idea of getting the X for my wife until I read it is stable - SICKED !

why is my phone slower and why dise the power run out quicker after i updated it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.