Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 11 when i call to someone they see me as an unknown caller

Hello,

After updating to iOS 11, sometimes when I call to someone they see me as an unknown caller ID. When I go to settings to set my iphone as visible it is already set as "visible". I think this could be a bug or something like that.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 3:53 AM

I think this is not related with the carrier, but with iOS 11. Before the update to iOS 11 I've never had this problem. Also, when I go to the settings to see if my number is visible to others, a gear (like update) is started and then shows me that my number is visible. After that, if I make a call, the other people can see my number.

Best regards

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2017 3:53 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I think this is not related with the carrier, but with iOS 11. Before the update to iOS 11 I've never had this problem. Also, when I go to the settings to see if my number is visible to others, a gear (like update) is started and then shows me that my number is visible. After that, if I make a call, the other people can see my number.

Best regards

Sep 28, 2017 5:07 AM in response to Sabrosa21

You're welcome, Sabrosa.

As Ckuan recomended (and that happened to me too, when I upgraded to iOS 11) I think that carriers have to update their settings. You can check it in Settings>General>About>Carrier.

If nothing helps, you could try to re-install a fresh copy of current iOS on your device.

Make a full backup of your iPhone's content, then restore it to factory settings, following the steps provided in this guide:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Please, keep us informed.

Best of luck.

Giulio

Sep 28, 2017 4:30 AM in response to ckuan

Once we can turn on or off the caller ID on the phone I think this could be related, and once I go to the settings and check if my caller ID is visible to the others (as I describe above) and after I do that when I call to someone and they can see my name/phone number, it's a little bit weird. However, I will talk with the carrier and see if something is wrong from their side.

After that, I will come here to say whether it is solved or not.

Thank you.

Sep 28, 2017 6:31 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hello Giulio,

I talked to the carrier now and the problem is solved! As strange it may seem I had this option turned on in my SIM card and this happened when I updated to iOS 11. It may have been a coincidence, but the truth is, I had never turned on that option.

Any way, the issue is solved and once again thank you Giulio and Ckuan for the help.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.

Oct 27, 2017 9:30 AM in response to Sabrosa21

Hi, I will try this in english. I do not now why Apple has`nt fixed this in ios 11.0.3, but the easy fix is to go to settings- operator (I hope is the right in english ios). Uncheck ”Auto” and then check it again. Go to settings- telephone- show my number (you might have to scroll down a bit) and check if Show my number now kan be activated!

Oct 28, 2017 4:31 AM in response to Sabrosa21

I have the same problem since the new updates definitely a programme issue! I go to settings and the wheel spins then appears to be on. Alot of people won't take my calls as it appears to be a private caller shown to them and obviously I get no return calls because people don't know who it is! I'm finding it very frustrating! Apple please get this sorted

ios 11 when i call to someone they see me as an unknown caller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.