Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1.7 Export Failed

Hi folks,

Getting the attached exporting error in iMovie 10.1.7 running High Sierra.

Exporting works when I set the quality to Best (ProRes) but exporting as a file in any other quality or trying to export out directly to YouTube gives me this error.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you!

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 2:24 PM

So the audio in the clip is aac. It's actually a live recording from Garageband cleaned up and exported to iTunes, then brought into iMovie. Still getting LPCM error on all projects it seems.

It's definitely an issue with the audio. I stripped all the audio out of a clip and it exported to 720 no problem. As soon as I added just a random audio effect from iMovie it gave me the LPCM error. Any suggestions on a fix for this?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2017 2:24 PM in response to Rich839

So the audio in the clip is aac. It's actually a live recording from Garageband cleaned up and exported to iTunes, then brought into iMovie. Still getting LPCM error on all projects it seems.

It's definitely an issue with the audio. I stripped all the audio out of a clip and it exported to 720 no problem. As soon as I added just a random audio effect from iMovie it gave me the LPCM error. Any suggestions on a fix for this?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Sep 28, 2017 2:24 PM in response to Mike K99

To experiment a little more, try exporting just the audio from iMovie. It is an option in the share options box:

User uploaded file

If it exports successfully, drag into iMovie the shared audio clip and see if it will export out with the video clips in the movie. You can do a second export of the audio, as well, this time changing the format to aiff from the File Format drop down menu in the share box.

Oct 10, 2017 11:16 AM in response to Mike K99

Hey folks, just wanted to Iet you know that the issue with exporting has seemed to resolve itself. I ran the latest version of Onyx (from Titanium software) and I am now able to export to a file without issue. Not sure which function in Onyx did the trick, but I've been using it on my macs since a PBG4 and it's never steered me wrong. Good luck!

Sep 28, 2017 8:26 AM in response to Mike K99

Hi, Mike,

It could be that the audio in one or more of your clips in the project is LPCM format, as the error message says, and that may be causing the problem. In iMovie when you share out in all qualities except pro res, it is an Mp4 format. (Pro res is .mov.) iMovie likes Mp4 with AAC audio format. So I am guessing that you might need to use the free download Handbrake to convert any LPCM clip into Mp4/AAC, which will be the default conversion in Handbrake.

Do a "Get Info" on your clips to see what codecs are used. Or you can open them in Quicktime Player and do Window/Show Inspector.

-- Rich

Oct 8, 2017 6:14 PM in response to Mike K99

I have the same issue which only started after the 10.1.7 update.

When I export the video with audio I get error "Video rendering error: -50 (iMovie error -50: fillAudioBuffer failed)"

And when I export with audio only I get error "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error -1.)"

This issue did not happen with the same video footage prior 10.1.7

iMovie 10.1.7 Export Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.