Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Facebook icon with an alarm clock in the top right corner of it keep showing in my recently used/suggested app on the bottom menu of my iPad mini when I have this featured turned off?

Why does Facebook icon with an alarm clock in the top right corner of it keep showing in my recently used/suggested app on the bottom menu of my iPad mini when I have this featured turned off? I have deleted Facebook and reinstalled it and it keeps doing it. The only resolution I have found is to restart my iPad completely and it goes away until the next day. This has only been happening since I updated to iOS 11.0.1 a couple days ago; but it has happened every day since the update.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 6:27 AM

It appears as though this may be a bug. Read this thread and see all of the notes that the OP posted from his discussion with Apple Support.

What does the little clock on an app mean in the new dock on iPad and how do I shut it off?

13 replies

Jan 26, 2018 1:59 PM in response to sherbearsoxfan

This is a Siri App suggestion based on time of day (indicated by the clock badge). For some reason when you disable the Siri App Suggestions on the Dock in Settings, it doesn't disable this. The way I found to remove it was to swipe from left to right and edit the at-a-glance widgets that show up there (scroll to the bottom and hit edit). Remove Siri App Suggestions from the list by clicking on the red - icon and hitting delete. Click done and go back to the home screen and the app and badge should be gone.

Nov 30, 2017 1:35 PM in response to Diana.McCall

I have done that except deleting the app altogether. your Response did not address the question. We didn't ask how to delete an app. We asked for help in removing FACEBOOK ICON FROM THE DOCK PERMANETLY. As I said it jumps right back in after trying to move it to a page. I have powered off & it is not showing now . Hopefully it will not return . If it does, I will power off again. I have notifications in settings turned off in FB & the FB app list in Apple settings.

Nov 30, 2017 4:57 PM in response to elfartist

Unfortunately, you cannot remove these suggested apps from the Dock permanently.

When a suggested app appears in the right side of the Dock, the actual icon for app is still on your Home screen. The method I suggested, tapping the minus sign (not X) on the suggested icon in the Dock does not remove the app, it just removes the suggested icon from the Dock.

YOU NEED TO GIVE FEEDBACK TO APPLE TO GET THEM TO CHANGE THIS. Use the link I already posted.

Why does Facebook icon with an alarm clock in the top right corner of it keep showing in my recently used/suggested app on the bottom menu of my iPad mini when I have this featured turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.