Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail won't Delete Yahoo Messages

A situation has recently presented itself where Apple Mail will no longer delete messages from Yahoo. All other sources (iCloud, Comcast, Century Link) work fine with full access/features, including deleting emails. In Yahoo mail, I can retire and read messages, but when trying to delete, I get this message: "The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Trash) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: UID COPY Command is not valid in this state."

Any solutions? Apple Mail problem or Yahoo problem?

This occurs on both a mid 2012 MacBook Pro and a mid 2010 27" iMac. Both are running the new High Sierra OS

Thank you!

Matt

iMac 27", 2.93ghz, Intel i7-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 32 GB RAM, 1.5 TB SSD

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 7:43 PM

No solutions, just a workaround: wait a few moments between deleting Yahoo! Mail messages, or select several messages and delete all of them at once. You will still need to wait a few moments again before deleting any more.

9 replies

Apple Mail won't Delete Yahoo Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.