You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

temperature automation

Hi,

Does anyone knows when it will be possible to set an temperature based automation in Homekit?

Now it's only possible with motion

That limits the usability of Homekit

Thanks

Sven

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 8:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 2:59 AM

Hi Sven

I assume you were using the Apple Home app, I've noticed its not possible in Home.

May I suggest you attempt setting up your temperature automation using the Elgato Eve app. I have been able to setup a basic automatic using an Elgato Eve Room temperature sensor and Phillips Hue lights: when the temperature goes above 26 degrees turn on a light and make it red.

Regards

Tim

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2018 2:59 AM in response to Mcsven

Hi Sven

I assume you were using the Apple Home app, I've noticed its not possible in Home.

May I suggest you attempt setting up your temperature automation using the Elgato Eve app. I have been able to setup a basic automatic using an Elgato Eve Room temperature sensor and Phillips Hue lights: when the temperature goes above 26 degrees turn on a light and make it red.

Regards

Tim

Feb 1, 2018 10:07 AM in response to timLeNightingale

I am using the Elgato Eve app to automate devices based on temp and humidity and I am having zero luck with it. With every rule created the trigger is completely ignored. Through the app and even homekit I can see that the eve degree is registering proper humidity and temp but when conditions are met scenes are never activated. I have an apple tv 4k as the hub which has been restarted several times. I have configured rules in the eve app to be minimal as possible. Even went as far to restore the eve degree itself. I should mention that I use hue lights, an ecobee 3, and an eve motion sensor. All work as intended and devices respond the way they should to rules. Currently, the Eve Degree is an $80 temperature/humidity/pressure sensor. I know this is a very unique problem to me as I have found nothing on this issue anywhere else. Help is much appreciated.

Feb 27, 2018 6:20 AM in response to dk2319

Same here , al the rules I setup in Eve app are not working , the ones setup in Homekit are working just fine

I set up a rule in Eve to power on a heater ( with eve energy) when temperature drops below 18° celsius between 6 pm and 6 am , I appears in Homekit but never works , frustrating

I hope the other sensors than motion will be accepted by Homekit instead of working around with Eve

temperature automation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.