Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6s says it's up to date, but it's running IOS 10?

User uploaded fileI'm really confused because all of my family has the update with the same phone. I have tons of storage available and my phone isn't that old.

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 2:26 PM

Hello, zoemarie_!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your post that you're wondering why you're not being prompted to update to iOS 11 on your iPhone 6s, when the rest of your family already has that version. I know how important it is to keep your iOS software up-to-date, and I am happy to help.
  1. Could you possibly have an iOS Beta Profile on your iPhone? To check, please go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. If you find a Beta Profile installed there, delete it.
  2. Then, Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Next, it's always a good idea to do a backup before an update: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  4. Finally, go to Settings > General > Software Updates and see if your update is available.
Let us know how it goes, and have a great day!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2017 2:26 PM in response to zoemarie_

Hello, zoemarie_!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your post that you're wondering why you're not being prompted to update to iOS 11 on your iPhone 6s, when the rest of your family already has that version. I know how important it is to keep your iOS software up-to-date, and I am happy to help.
  1. Could you possibly have an iOS Beta Profile on your iPhone? To check, please go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. If you find a Beta Profile installed there, delete it.
  2. Then, Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Next, it's always a good idea to do a backup before an update: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  4. Finally, go to Settings > General > Software Updates and see if your update is available.
Let us know how it goes, and have a great day!

My iPhone 6s says it's up to date, but it's running IOS 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.