Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I copy and paste with iOS 11?

On my iPhone SE, after downloading iOS 11, If I copy a sentence, I can paste that sentence withthin the app, but when I copy something and go into another app, it eaither downloads as a file or doesn’t paste at all. I am trying to copy and paste from my notes to my google docs without typing everything over again.

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 3:09 PM

Hello JoseSparky,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to copy and paste across apps on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still having this issue, your next step is to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2017 3:09 PM in response to JoseSparky

Hello JoseSparky,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to copy and paste across apps on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still having this issue, your next step is to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!

Why cant I copy and paste with iOS 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.