Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i manage groups of apps if not on itunes

with i tunes changes i have many groups of apps, now can i manage them without trying to drag them between screens which does not work well?

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 8:35 AM

12 replies

Sep 29, 2017 9:45 AM in response to yabbbb

I have your same problem 😟

Even though it looks like you could drag more than one app at the time , as explained in this article

Multitasking in iOS 11 on iPad: Use Drag & Drop, Dock, App Switcher and Split View

Interestingly, you can now use Drag and Drop to quickly move multiple apps on your iPhone as well.Just press and hold on an app until to enter Edit mode. Next, you need to use multiple fingers to tap on any secondary apps and then move them to other screen or folder.

User uploaded file

Oct 9, 2017 12:20 PM in response to Rysz

Being picky that document has been out for a fortnight, though I missed it too. I spotted a reference to it at one point but assumed it was talking about Configurator 2 rather than a new build of iTunes. 😊

Both Mac and Windows version installed and tested. I had to uninstall the main iTunes for Windows application manually first, and in both cases had to restore a pre-iTunes 12.7 version of the iTunes Library.itl file with the method outlined in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

tt2

Nov 7, 2017 8:45 AM in response to yabbbb

Yes, it's MORE than merely annoying. Some Marketing IDGITS decided to consider this functionality 'feature creep,' and removed it -- without providing at least a comparable full-featured management system for the removed features. Personally, I deeply appreciated the ability to manage all my content for all my devices from ONE application. (Including the Apps, Audiobooks, Ringtones, Contacts, etc. for which they've now removed support.) And to do so with the ability to easily see all that content listed, to pick-and-choose which content I wanted downloaded, which I wanted updated, under what circumstances. Not to mention perform a FULL iPhone backup and restore with relative simplicity.

Annabelle has provided you with the alternative (far less efficient) approach for doing what you need on the device, but If you'd like to complain to Apple where they will actually see it, do so here and fill out the feedback form.

Nov 7, 2017 8:38 AM in response to Rysz

And who knows how long it may REMAIN around? It seems intended for the business users who would scream bloody murder if their organization lacked the management systems they need for employee devices; I can't help but wonder (and hope) whether an alternative management system for all the aspects of iTunes which were deleted from iTunes (apps, ringtones, etc.) might be released at some point, to replace that functionality for the aspects OTHER than music, movies, tv, etc. that it still supports. If so, it would have been far more intelligent of their Marketing people to have coordinated any such new "iTunes-like" management application together with the removal of this functionality.

How do i manage groups of apps if not on itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.