Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage images not downloading

Have a new Series 3 w/LTE and whenever someone sends a pic via text it just shows the image file name, "downloading" and a spinning wheel...it never downloads. I am at home, next to phone that is on wifi, so it should NOT be a connection issue.

User uploaded file

WATCH SERIES 3 (GPS + CELL) ALUM 42MM, watchOS 4

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 8:36 AM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2017 5:23 PM in response to SailorFitz

Hi SailorFitz,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that when you receive a MMS message on your Apple Watch, the image will not download. I know how important it is to have access to your messages on your Apple Watch and I'd like to help. I see that you're using watchOS 4, if you haven't already, please be sure to update your iPhone to iOS 11.0.1.

Next, I'd recommend restarting both your iPhone and your Apple Watch. Use the steps below to restart each device:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your Apple Watch

If you continue to have trouble after restarting both devices, I'd recommend un-pairing the Apple Watch and setting it up with your iPhone again. Your Apple Watch will create a backup during the un-pairing process that you can restore when pairing again:

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone

Set up your Apple Watch

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

iMessage images not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.