Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems installing imovie

I am trying to download the imovie app from the appstore. However, my computer is saying "iMovie can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because OS X version 10.12.2 or later is required." I do not have any updates to download however.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2017 1:18 PM

I believe my software is alreayd up to date.

The Updates tab is only showing you the updates for the current release of the system you are running. If your current system is Sierra, the last update you will see is macOS 10,12.6. Getting to High Sierra requires an upgrade. You have to purchase High Sierra from the main page of the AppStore, even if it is free. Afer you upgrade to High Sierra macOS 10.13, you will again be seeing system updates for this version.

Open this page and click on "Upgrade Now". That will take you to the AppStore to install it: macOS High Sierra - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2017 1:18 PM in response to mitch_driscoll

I believe my software is alreayd up to date.

The Updates tab is only showing you the updates for the current release of the system you are running. If your current system is Sierra, the last update you will see is macOS 10,12.6. Getting to High Sierra requires an upgrade. You have to purchase High Sierra from the main page of the AppStore, even if it is free. Afer you upgrade to High Sierra macOS 10.13, you will again be seeing system updates for this version.

Open this page and click on "Upgrade Now". That will take you to the AppStore to install it: macOS High Sierra - Apple

problems installing imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.