Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update, install or download apps after iOS11 upgrade

I get the error message: Unable to install Whatsapp. The app could not be installed.

I checked everything in my app store, payment details etc. and all seemed fine. I even restored the phone and put the back up that I did before restoring. It happened after upgrading to 11.0.1

Can anybody help?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2017 3:24 PM

11 replies

Oct 1, 2017 6:43 PM in response to sina11aa

Do you have any apps that may have been purchased by a different Apple ID than the one that is signed in? Have you gotten any prompts to enter the password for a different Apple ID?

Also, have you tried tapping on one of the ones that says Waiting to see if it will go to Pause. Sometimes pausing some of them will get the rest to download.

But I just turned on my iPhone 4 today to check some stuff, and it had been restored from a backup, and there were still a bunch of apps that were "Waiting" (this is after weeks and weeks - long after the battery had run down). After a few minutes, it asked me to type in my password for a different Apple ID, and as soon as I did that, they all started downloading.

Cheers,

GB

Oct 2, 2017 9:36 AM in response to Shid3vil

Testing your backup by not selecting any Application data does not prevent apps that are on your device from downloading again. That is how a backup works. Apps that were on your device prior to the restore will be re-downloaded to your device as a part of the restore. The only way to prevent that from happening would be to actually delete your apps from your device.

Did you try tapping on one to see if that would get the rest going? Were any of the apps on your device purchased by a different Apple ID at any time?

GB

Oct 14, 2017 1:01 AM in response to sina11aa

I had same problem with iPhone 8. Even after updating to 11.03. I just got off support chat and they had me go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings. You have to agree a few times because it will erase all your settings but you won't lose data. Once you agree it restarts your phone and now I can download apps in a snap! I am going to add my touch ID back in and test again as I wonder if there is a disconnect between that and the new App store - I hope not.

I can't update, install or download apps after iOS11 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.