Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 plus camera sounds

How do you get the shutter sound on the iPhone 8 Plus camera? I’m getting multiple photos because I don’t know I’m taking them. IOS v 11.0.1.

Thanks,

Barbara

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2017 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 10:23 AM

Hi Josienjoe,

I understand that you're not hearing the camera shutter sound when taking photos on your new iPhone 8 Plus. I'm happy to help.

I recommend to take a look at the steps in the following article, there are many steps here that can also affect the sound your camera shutter will make.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker
You'll want to make sure that your volume is turned up. Steps for that can be found in the above article. When the phone volume is all the way down, the camera shutter won't make any noise. You'll also want to note that if you're taking Live Photos, there won't be any shutter sound. You'll know that you're taking Live Photos when the small icon at the top middle of the Photo screen is yellow with no slash through it.
Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2017 10:23 AM in response to Josienjoe

Hi Josienjoe,

I understand that you're not hearing the camera shutter sound when taking photos on your new iPhone 8 Plus. I'm happy to help.

I recommend to take a look at the steps in the following article, there are many steps here that can also affect the sound your camera shutter will make.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker
You'll want to make sure that your volume is turned up. Steps for that can be found in the above article. When the phone volume is all the way down, the camera shutter won't make any noise. You'll also want to note that if you're taking Live Photos, there won't be any shutter sound. You'll know that you're taking Live Photos when the small icon at the top middle of the Photo screen is yellow with no slash through it.
Take care.

iPhone 8 plus camera sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.