Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie picture and picture size

So I've been using imovie for over a year now but something that no one can help me with it seems is how I keep different pictures in picture in picture mode the same size and in the same place. Like if I'm putting multiple pictures over a gif to create a small sort of animation I always have to individually size and resize every single picture in order to make it work smoothly. Can anyone help me with this?

Posted on Sep 30, 2017 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 7:29 AM

Hi,

Assuming that you are using version iMovie 10.x.x, you could try the Paste Adjustments feature from the Edit menu.

Here's a link that will show you how to use the Paste Adjustments feature:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov58103651f

When you get into paste adjustments, the video overlay settings is described as follows:

"Video Overlay Settings: Applies only fade and opacity adjustments to cutaway clips, split-screen clips, picture-in-picture clips, and green-screen and blue-screen clips."

It says it applies only to fade and opacity adjustments, but try it and see if it will replicate the size and position of your PIP overlay.

Or you could try the crop adjustment in the paste adjustments option, and see if that works.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2017 7:29 AM in response to StarfishWriter

Hi,

Assuming that you are using version iMovie 10.x.x, you could try the Paste Adjustments feature from the Edit menu.

Here's a link that will show you how to use the Paste Adjustments feature:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov58103651f

When you get into paste adjustments, the video overlay settings is described as follows:

"Video Overlay Settings: Applies only fade and opacity adjustments to cutaway clips, split-screen clips, picture-in-picture clips, and green-screen and blue-screen clips."

It says it applies only to fade and opacity adjustments, but try it and see if it will replicate the size and position of your PIP overlay.

Or you could try the crop adjustment in the paste adjustments option, and see if that works.

-- Rich

iMovie picture and picture size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.