Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 Files app enable WebDAV

Hi Guys, I am just amazed about the new Files App on iOS 11. Amazing. I have an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11.0.1 I want to use the new Files app to manage my Nas using WebDAV. When I was looking for the solution I found that in Pages, Numbers, Keynote we have the same Files app to select the working file. In that Files app Version there is a new option WebDAV. I created a WebDAV server and added it using the Keynote app Files app selector; and it works well! Just what I was looking for! I opened it and works smoothly. But when then I opened the Files app (I guess the same app) then there I was not found my mounted WebDAV. Really strange. Could you help me how to use WebDAV with the new Files App? I see it’s built in! Thank you in advance! Best wishes, Péter Mezei.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.1, Files app

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 2:36 PM

Hi Peter, would be a great thing if it would work. I set up a WEBDAV Connection as described, no errors occured, but all I can see after connecting is nothing. As if there where no files on my server. Disconnecting doesn‘t work either. But the worst thing is that I cannot edit server name and credentials. Do you have any hint how to manage this? Thanks in advance Detlef

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2017 2:36 PM in response to mezeipetister

Hi Peter, would be a great thing if it would work. I set up a WEBDAV Connection as described, no errors occured, but all I can see after connecting is nothing. As if there where no files on my server. Disconnecting doesn‘t work either. But the worst thing is that I cannot edit server name and credentials. Do you have any hint how to manage this? Thanks in advance Detlef

Oct 9, 2017 9:59 PM in response to dgirke

Hi,

Great, The same for me.

After connecting successfully to my WebDAV, seems like nothing happens, but actually you are in the WebDAV folder, BUT not loaded or refreshed yet.

So for me it worked to step out from the WebDAV directory the step back into it, and voila the root WebDAV works properly.

Editing the connection is not working, just release the connection and add the WebDAV server again with the new credentials. But it works.

Oct 10, 2017 12:32 AM in response to mezeipetister

Hi Peter, the thing is, that I cannot release the connection. And although I stepped out and back into the webdav folder, restarted pages several times, it still does not work. I tested it on an iPad Pro and an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.02. In iOS 10 webdav worked fine in Pages. For me, iOS 11 is absolutely crappy. Even the instant notes (should work by tapping on the lock screen with the apple pencil) do not work, but that´s another story. All this behaviour reminds me of Android and Windows, and that´s the most disappointing thing about iOS 11: it is not even as usable as IOS 10. And there is no way to step back anymore. Best regards Detlef

Oct 28, 2017 9:14 AM in response to mezeipetister

My issue is I saw it (Files.app actually pointed its presence out in the Locations area). But I tried it with Omnisync Server got the address wrong, and it didn't work. So I turned off WebDav. But now I see no way to turn it back on. There doesn't seem to be a way to add locations manyally into Files.app. I'm using the latest Beta of High Sierra, so that could be it.

Nov 29, 2017 8:51 AM in response to mezeipetister

Hi Peter, I´m still trying to get WebDAV Connectivity back to my iWorks apps. Still with no success. Unfortunately. I own an old iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1. The interesting thing is, that connection to my webDAV Server from the old versions of pages, numbers oder keynote work like a charm. So the newest iWorks apps are a step back, I assume. Or at least more instable than former versions. Could it be that Apple is trying to restrain users from connection to their own private servers? Are you using ownCloud as I do? Best regards Detlef

iOS 11 Files app enable WebDAV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.