Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after OS 11.0.1 when i try to enter an appointment it freezes after entering the first letter of the location. is there a fix.

The calendar app freezes when entering an appointment. It happens after entering the first digit. The phone has resently up dated to OS 11.0.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 5:16 AM

Hi JinxUK,

Thanks for trying those steps.

Since you are still having this issue, we would like you to reinstall iOS.

First, use this article to make sure that you have a backup of your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Then, use this article to reinstall iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Note: This article is intended to be for a different issue but following steps 1-5 will help you reinstall iOS without erasing data.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2017 5:16 AM in response to JinxUK

Hi JinxUK,

Thanks for trying those steps.

Since you are still having this issue, we would like you to reinstall iOS.

First, use this article to make sure that you have a backup of your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Then, use this article to reinstall iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Note: This article is intended to be for a different issue but following steps 1-5 will help you reinstall iOS without erasing data.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers.

Oct 2, 2017 5:17 AM in response to JinxUK

Hello JinxUK,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that after updating to iOS 11.0.1, the Calendar app freezes when you try to enter an appointment. It's important to make sure that you can enter an appointment without any issues, so I'll be happy to help assist you with this.

First, I suggest trying some app-specific troubleshooting steps by closing the Calendar app and restarting your iPhone. This can help if the app isn't responding like it should.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you've done that, test and see if you get the same result.

Best Regards.

after OS 11.0.1 when i try to enter an appointment it freezes after entering the first letter of the location. is there a fix.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.