Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS Flash message since installing IOS 11.01.1 update

Hi,

Im a uk resident and my carrier is EE. I installed the latest IOS 11.01.1 update on my Apple I Phone 6 mobile a few hours ago. As soon as it had installed I got the following SMS Flash message, which repeats every few minutes. "Sorry, the number you are sending does not contain enough digits. Please check the number and try again". I've not sent any SMS messages and deleting it does not prevent it repeating. I've deleted all my saved SMS messages from my in box, but I'm still getting the message. This has only happened when I installed the latest update.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2017 4:56 AM

I had the same thing with EE. Go into Settings > General > About and see what Carrier version you're on. It might even pop up with a carrier update, which it did to me yesterday and it took me up to EE 29.1 and since then I haven't had that flash sms problem.

Quite a few EE customers are having the same thing and asking on the EE communities, but they seem to point the finger at Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2017 4:56 AM in response to Poppleton

I had the same thing with EE. Go into Settings > General > About and see what Carrier version you're on. It might even pop up with a carrier update, which it did to me yesterday and it took me up to EE 29.1 and since then I haven't had that flash sms problem.

Quite a few EE customers are having the same thing and asking on the EE communities, but they seem to point the finger at Apple.

SMS Flash message since installing IOS 11.01.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.