Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I change the Homepage in Safari?

I am currently running macOS High Sierra Version 10.13 on a MacBook Pro 2016

Every time I open a new tab in Safari this website pops up (www.searchpage.com). So when I tried to fix it by going to safari preferences > General > Homepage it wont let me change the homepage. It seemed to be greyed out. check the photo. I tried deleting the safari plist, downloading Malware protection, removing extensions, clearing history, but nothing seems to work. Its driving me crazy!!! Please I need help!!! User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 9:34 PM

Recently "Profile" created by third party applications on System Preferences was creating such a problem.

Quit Safari.

Launch System Preferences from the Dock.

At the bottom of the pane, you might see a “checkmark inside a gear” icon

and text “Profile” written under it.

Click on it to open. Select the “searchpage”.com profile.

Move the mouse pointer to the bottom and click the ”-“ sign to remove the profile.

Launch Safari and change the Homepage.

How to remove a configuration profile?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25680?locale=en_US

Note:

I would appreciate it if you could post the screenshot of the Sys. Pref pane and configuration profile installed before

removing it. Thanks in advance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2017 9:34 PM in response to Sam_dee

Recently "Profile" created by third party applications on System Preferences was creating such a problem.

Quit Safari.

Launch System Preferences from the Dock.

At the bottom of the pane, you might see a “checkmark inside a gear” icon

and text “Profile” written under it.

Click on it to open. Select the “searchpage”.com profile.

Move the mouse pointer to the bottom and click the ”-“ sign to remove the profile.

Launch Safari and change the Homepage.

How to remove a configuration profile?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25680?locale=en_US

Note:

I would appreciate it if you could post the screenshot of the Sys. Pref pane and configuration profile installed before

removing it. Thanks in advance.

Why cant I change the Homepage in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.