Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lag and bug issues with pencil & iOS 11

Hi

Am using Apple Pencil on 2015 iPad Pro just updated to iOS 11 and the lag and buggies on the pencil now is awful.

lines not showing, dotted lines when drawing straight lines and a lag of about 1cm behind the tip at its worst.

are other users experiencing this?

am using tayasui, trace, sketchbook and all have the same issues.

thoughts welcome!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, iOS 11, Pencil

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 7:50 AM

since updating your ipad pro9.7 to IOS 11.02 huge lag on the Apple Pencil was introduced. It is even apparent in Concepts app that is the fastest on the market and you wouldn’t notice even the smallest delay, now you will. This is unacceptable, I need to work, I need to downgrade, but now apple Stopped signing ios 10.3.3. iOS 11 was marketed as the best thing for iPad and pencil, and it turns out it renders the **** thing useless. This is insane, I can’t afford to buy another device now, and I need to finish my job. Please give us back the option to downgrade! I can’t stress this enough.

78 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2017 7:50 AM in response to Scdi3

since updating your ipad pro9.7 to IOS 11.02 huge lag on the Apple Pencil was introduced. It is even apparent in Concepts app that is the fastest on the market and you wouldn’t notice even the smallest delay, now you will. This is unacceptable, I need to work, I need to downgrade, but now apple Stopped signing ios 10.3.3. iOS 11 was marketed as the best thing for iPad and pencil, and it turns out it renders the **** thing useless. This is insane, I can’t afford to buy another device now, and I need to finish my job. Please give us back the option to downgrade! I can’t stress this enough.

Oct 9, 2017 12:44 AM in response to abofaza

I am having the same problem with using apple Pencil in the notes app. I reported this problem to Apple over two weeks ago but they still haven’t fixed it. I am using the 10.5 inch iPad pro 256 gb on 11.0.2. The app frequently freezes for 10 seconds and then catches up. Restoring the iPad doesn‘t seem to help either.

This other thread is related as well:

Notes app crashes with iOS 11 on iPad 10.5" 256gb 2017

Oct 18, 2017 12:37 AM in response to theLabelmaker

These Apple technical support communities are supported by volunteer users.

We are all users here, just like you!

Cognizant Apple designers and engineers do not read these forums.

Apple supplies these forums for users to work out their product issues with other users, but these community forums ARE monitored/moderated by Apple Staff assigned to these community forums, but I do not think any info is ever passed on to who/mever the cognizant parties are who would need to know if there are any mounting issues with a product or software.

The only way to get Apple to listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

Post your iPad Pro and Apple Pencil issues here.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages, but Apple employees will never respond with any type of direct, individual replies.

Good Luck to You!

Nov 6, 2017 7:19 PM in response to will_richard

Time to start posting more feedback to Apple on these iPad Pro and Pencil vexing issues.

All of you still having these issues, you need to keep hammering this feedback page and post continous feedback on this issue to get Apple to take notice.

This is the only avenue to get Apple’s attention on this OR they will never know this issue exists for some users and it will never be corrected.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the appropriate Apple personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Good Luck to You All!

Oct 2, 2017 9:32 AM in response to pbaerthel

Not sure of your Pencil issues.

Have you tried a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

Have you tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection and re-pairing your Pencil?

Maybe bring your iPad and Pencil into your “local” Apple Store and try a new Pencil to see if the problem persists with another Apple Pencil.

If no issues with the new Apple Pencil, then you know there was something wrong or defective with your current Apple Pencil.

Oct 5, 2017 2:26 AM in response to Scdi3

Having the exact same issue. I was using my Apple Pencil with Procreate absolutely fine last night, I updated my IOS to 11 and that very same evening my Pencil suddenly started to lag quite drastically. It’s quite frustrating as I use my ipad to work. I have tight deadlines to meet and this is slowing me down a lot 😟

I tries a restart and re-pairing but no joy, it really seems linked to the iOS updates...

Oct 8, 2017 7:55 AM in response to abofaza

Still in the same boat - it’s definitely an iOS 11 issue. Switching off zoom in accessibility settings helps a little with the bugs but the lag is still awful. Given the fuss made about enhancing pencil on the new update this is pretty silly. Surely the next update needs to resolve this?

Oct 13, 2017 1:14 AM in response to abofaza

I updated to Ios 11.0.3 and I was able to finish my work so thank you. However the lag isnt completely gone, it still kicks in specific circumstances, especially when doing straight diagonal motion with whole hand from left center edge to right top of the screen with the palm resting and moving at the same time it happens almost everytime.

Oct 13, 2017 1:15 AM in response to abofaza

I updated to Ios 11.0.3 and I was able to finish my work so thank you. However the lag isnt completely gone, it still kicks in specific circumstances, especially when doing straight diagonal motion with whole hand from left center edge to right top of the screen with the palm resting and moving at the same time it happens almost everytime.

Lag and bug issues with pencil & iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.