Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not working on Apple TV

Over the last few hours I have been unable to listen to anything in Music through my Apple TV (which I bought brand new about 2 months ago). I can browse through my Library and even search for new music, albeit with a lag (almost like its freezing). I unplugged the Apple TV to do a hard reboot. I went through Settings to restart. I checked that my Ethernet cord was connected properly. I can play Music through my iPhone so it's not an issue with the subscription. Other Apps and streaming (like Netflix) work just fine. I'm at a complete lost...any suggestions?

Apple TV (4th generation), iOS 11

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 6:44 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2017 10:29 AM in response to PaulT-CAN

Hi

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the Apple TV is not playing Apple Music content. You are able to search through the library but it is slow. Since Apple Music is able to work on other devices and other streaming services are working, it seems isolated to this one app. I would recommend you read this article, there may be updates available that could help.

Update the software on your Apple TV

Cheers.

Music not working on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.