Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Photo Stream support HEIF?

My iPhone 7 is running iOS 11 and my MacBook Pro (touch bar) is running High Sierra. I have iCloud Photo Library disabled on my Mac (so it doesn't upload all my photos to the cloud). I use My Photo Stream to transfer images from my iPhone to my Mac, but I noticed the files in My Photo Stream are JPEG even though I have my iPhone's camera settings set for High Efficiency and photo transfer settings to Keep Originals. Isn't High Sierra supposed to support HEIF? Does My Photo Stream not support it?

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 7:55 PM

I do not see an Apple document but according to this blog MPS converts them to JPEG

http://blog.jpegmini.com/lets-talk-about-heic/

WILL MY PHOTO STREAM IMAGES BE HEIC OR JPEG?

Photo Stream automatically converts your HEIC images to JPEG when it shares the images with other iCloud. While this is nice for those in the Apple ecosystem, Windows users will need to convert their HEIC images to JPEG.

iCloud Photo Library will transfer the HEIC images to Photos on the Mac which is how I do it

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2017 7:55 PM in response to javajunkie

I do not see an Apple document but according to this blog MPS converts them to JPEG

http://blog.jpegmini.com/lets-talk-about-heic/

WILL MY PHOTO STREAM IMAGES BE HEIC OR JPEG?

Photo Stream automatically converts your HEIC images to JPEG when it shares the images with other iCloud. While this is nice for those in the Apple ecosystem, Windows users will need to convert their HEIC images to JPEG.

iCloud Photo Library will transfer the HEIC images to Photos on the Mac which is how I do it

LN

Does Photo Stream support HEIF?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.