Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Photos, Best Of The Year, how to disable it?

Hi,

Just tonight I got a notification from iOS (11.0.1) that it created some "Best Of The Year" album with a ton of photos of painful crappy memories. I don't remember enabling a "feature" like that and I want to know how to turn that crap off.

If I want I a best-of album, I'll create it myself, because I know my good memories and I know the photos that aren't good (like the forensic photos of a mangled corpse which the police requested I take on a really bad day when one in our group died a gruesome death). It's presumptuous for Apple to think their software can accurately compose a "Best Of" album.

Anyway, I can't find the setting to turn it off, so I'm hoping someone can tell me how.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 10:07 PM

Just figured it out, 'cause it was annoying me too. Go to "Settings", "Notifications", "Photos", then "Memories". Just disable all that. The notification disappeared when I did that, so I assume it worked?

1 reply

iPhone Photos, Best Of The Year, how to disable it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.