Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Audio Window Unmovable - High Sierra.

Something kind of minor I've found after the High Sierra update... Made a call to another person with Facetime Audio, the window cannot be moved. I've checked the window button and all options are grayed out. Even clicking on the window doesn't change the window focus. Chapter 1 of the IT handbook has been unsuccessful (restarting, full shut down, restarting the app) hasn't worked. Right-clicking on the app icon to hide won't work either.

I've tried to open a new desktop to move the browser window to it, but the FT audio window is present on any desktop I've used. Minor gripe, but becomes a bit of a pain needing to work around the window.

I'm not sure if i'm missing something, or if this app is locked somehow, though I've gone through every option I could find.

Has anyone found a work around or have come across this issue so far?

Best regards,

RJ

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 1, 2017 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 10:56 AM

I have the same issue and it is really annoying , I found a way around it though and it seems the only way now , when I am on a FaceTime audio call I just open the notification centre from the side and turn on " do not disturb" , which makes the FaceTime audio window disappears !!! and when I want to end the call or after I finish the call I turn it back on.

its not a perfect solution , but it is a solution lol !

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2017 10:56 AM in response to ralphieboy525

I have the same issue and it is really annoying , I found a way around it though and it seems the only way now , when I am on a FaceTime audio call I just open the notification centre from the side and turn on " do not disturb" , which makes the FaceTime audio window disappears !!! and when I want to end the call or after I finish the call I turn it back on.

its not a perfect solution , but it is a solution lol !

Dec 9, 2017 11:59 PM in response to ralphieboy525

This was making me crazy. I finally found that option/clicking the notification icon in the top right corner of your screen opens and closes the audio banner. Pretty easy, but it's still a bug because when you set up Facetime in Notifications, it's supposed to be either a banner (which should fade out), or an alert (which should go away when clicked, but doesn't).

Oct 2, 2017 10:02 AM in response to ralphieboy525

ralphieboy525 wrote:

Chapter 1 of the IT handbook has been unsuccessful (restarting, full shut down, restarting the app) hasn't worked. Right-clicking on the app icon to hide won't work either.

Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback/

With your same Apple ID you can sign up for a free Developers Account and start a conversation with Apple engineers

Bug Reporter https://bugreport.apple.com/

Nov 13, 2017 12:55 AM in response to Nomad1988

I have a MacBook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar and have the same problem of the FaceTime window that is always on top during calls.

Indeed, it would make sense to be the other way around and have MacBooks with Touch Bar not display the Window.

The Touch Bar implementation during FaceTime is one of the best use cases of the Touch Bar in my experience. Very helpful call information and mute/end buttons.

Dec 9, 2017 11:57 PM in response to pplaggenborg

This was making me crazy. I finally found that option/clicking the notification icon in the top right corner of your screen opens and closes the audio banner. Pretty easy, but it's still a bug because when you set up Facetime in Notifications, it's supposed to be either a banner (which should fade out), or an alert (which should go away when clicked, but doesn't).

Facetime Audio Window Unmovable - High Sierra.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.