Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Artist photo

Running latest iTunes (12.7.0.166) in Windows 10. Working fine, but several known artists does not come up with artistpicture. Ex. Aron Neville, Art Garfunkel, Celine Dion ... Only a microphone icon. Album covers work fine.

How can I fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Oct 2, 2017 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2017 9:04 AM

I may have found a possible solution (well it worked for some of my missing artist photos in iTunes). I noticed that some of the artists with missing photos had an extra space after their name in iTunes.

So if you go into iTunes -

go to 'artists' under 'library' on the main page -

right click on an artist with a missing photo -

click 'artist info' -

look in the 'album artist' field -

see if there's an extra space at the end of their name -

if so, remove it and click 'ok'.

This has worked for me for most of the mainstream artists in my library, so has got rid of a fair number of those ugly microphone images.

Another point I've noticed is that changing the artist name slightly can determine whether iTunes will display a photo or not. For example 'The Bee Gees' in my library had a no photo even after removing the space. As this is a very mainstream artist, I thought to change the name album artist name to 'Bee Gees' and it worked bringing up an artist photo.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2017 9:04 AM in response to Trond Svenning

I may have found a possible solution (well it worked for some of my missing artist photos in iTunes). I noticed that some of the artists with missing photos had an extra space after their name in iTunes.

So if you go into iTunes -

go to 'artists' under 'library' on the main page -

right click on an artist with a missing photo -

click 'artist info' -

look in the 'album artist' field -

see if there's an extra space at the end of their name -

if so, remove it and click 'ok'.

This has worked for me for most of the mainstream artists in my library, so has got rid of a fair number of those ugly microphone images.

Another point I've noticed is that changing the artist name slightly can determine whether iTunes will display a photo or not. For example 'The Bee Gees' in my library had a no photo even after removing the space. As this is a very mainstream artist, I thought to change the name album artist name to 'Bee Gees' and it worked bringing up an artist photo.

Good luck!

Missing Artist photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.