Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entering a location in Calendar using latitude/longitude is broken

Has anyone else noticed that even in macOS High Sierra entering latitude and longitude is broken?

User uploaded file

A few versions back it used to work:

User uploaded file

I find it really useful, especially, when you want to direct people to a specific feature of a large location, like a park. Just put in the coordinates of the picnic shelter or specific parking lot you want to meet at or in, and everybody will know exactly where to go.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), Early 2011

Posted on Oct 2, 2017 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2017 2:31 PM

Entering the coordinates does not actually produce a map in the calendar item, which indicates that no location is actually associated with the item. It’s as though I just ended “Grandpa’s House” without a specified address. This should be so easy to fix, especially because I know that the data structure underlying a calendar item is capable of handling coordinate locations.

The code for parsing coordinates exists. If you put “38.901405 -77.057740” into Maps, it will find the right location, no problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2017 2:31 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Entering the coordinates does not actually produce a map in the calendar item, which indicates that no location is actually associated with the item. It’s as though I just ended “Grandpa’s House” without a specified address. This should be so easy to fix, especially because I know that the data structure underlying a calendar item is capable of handling coordinate locations.

The code for parsing coordinates exists. If you put “38.901405 -77.057740” into Maps, it will find the right location, no problem.

Entering a location in Calendar using latitude/longitude is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.