Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovies 10.1.7 changing date/time stamp on import

Hi updated imovies this week and ever since whenever I import footage it adapts the date and time of import instead of the date/time that the footage was taken. Has anyone come across this - I import a high volume of footage and the date/time is very important. I know you can manually change it but given the amount of footage I import that would be impossible - desperately looking for a solution here.

Thanks in advance

iMovie '11

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 8:18 PM

As Jim Wanamaker stated, others have reported the same issue as yours, but no solution as yet.

As a workaround, you might try importing your clips into the Photos app instead of directly into iMovie, and then accessing your clips from the Photos library in the iMovie sidebar.

-- Rich

12 replies

Nov 3, 2017 10:15 AM in response to protomovies

Earlier today I was talking to an apple senior technician, he said to that "it probably normal iMovie behave".

after some explanations that this is a new "bug" and before the 10.1.7. version it wasn't working that way, he agreed to check this issue with programming department.

on the meanwhile there is no solution but downgrade your iMovie version with time machine if did a backup.

he promised me an answer on Monday. ill keep you updated.

Nov 5, 2017 7:02 AM in response to Orreco1

I talked to Apple support also. Received the same dumb response ... "this is normal. how the program works." I upgraded to 10.1.8 and problem still exists. I explained why that the app changed, others had the same issue, and the new behavior made no sense ... he couldn't comprehend. Not impressed.

Thanks for the solution! Worked for me.

Jan 5, 2018 3:35 AM in response to protomovies

Same issue with my brand new iMac 5K with iMovie 10.1.8. Never had this issue on my old iMac mid-2011, with same iMovie version. My camcorder is a Sony HDR-PJ620.

My workaround so far : use Sony PlayMemories Home to first download AVCHD files to my hard drive and then import them to iMovie. Not a big deal, but an ennoying bug anyway :-(

imovies 10.1.7 changing date/time stamp on import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.