Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to rename a playlist in iOS 11?

Hello

It is strange that something easy as renaming a playlist in Apple Music appears something that is not easy to do or even hard to find online.

Can someone tell me what the correct procedure is of renaming a playlist?

We are a family of 6 and I am having a hard time trying to convince the switch from Spotify Family to Apple Music because a lot of basic actions are so counter intuitive.

Right now to rename a playlist I go to my playlists and put the entire playlist in a new playlist with the “corrected” name and I delete the “incorrectly” named playlist. Is this the way to accomplish this? This seems like a very strange way to rename a playlist.

Is there a better way to rename playlists in iOS 11 and with Apple Music?

Cheers

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 10:47 AM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2017 1:17 AM in response to davidfromleighton buzzard

Apparently there are two ways that I know of to go to your playlists and I was looking in the wrong location. In Apple Music in the bottom there are is "Library" and "For you", when you go to the "For you" screen, you can click on your profile picture in the top right. It then shows your playlists but from here you cannot edit the name of the playlists.

It seems that to rename the playlist you have to navigate to your playlists from the "Library" and then indeed there is "Edit" button in the top-right corner that allows you to change the name.

How to rename a playlist in iOS 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.