Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Update on El Capitan

I recently upgraded from 10.10 Yosemite to 10.11 El Capitan. I'm now on 10.11.6 and have installed all available updates in the app store. However, my Safari version is still 9.1.3.

Safari 10 and 11 are compatible with El Capitan - but the app store doesn't push them to me, and I can't find a direct download link after alot of searching around. What to do?

OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 2:29 PM

 menu : About This Mac. Click the System Report... button. Scroll down the left column until you see Installations. Click Installations. In the larger window, scroll down until you see Safari. What is the highest version that you see? Just below Safari, will be your security updates. Look for 2017-001, 2017-002, and 2017-003. The latter contains Safari 11.

Here is my El Capitan security update history:

User uploaded file

You can obtain missing security updates (in order) specifically for El Capitan here.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2017 2:29 PM in response to twuxs

 menu : About This Mac. Click the System Report... button. Scroll down the left column until you see Installations. Click Installations. In the larger window, scroll down until you see Safari. What is the highest version that you see? Just below Safari, will be your security updates. Look for 2017-001, 2017-002, and 2017-003. The latter contains Safari 11.

Here is my El Capitan security update history:

User uploaded file

You can obtain missing security updates (in order) specifically for El Capitan here.

Oct 3, 2017 3:06 PM in response to VikingOSX

Okay, this is getting interesting.

I have no security updates for 10.11 showing up.

When I did the upgrade from 10.10 -> 10.11 on September 26th, it booted up immediately as 10.11.6, and no additional point updates or security updates came up through the app store. So I assume, everything up to that point was part of the installer or somehow applied during the upgrade without showing up in this list.

All that shows up from Apple since is:

User uploaded file

But the funny part is:

Scrolling through the Installations list, I see that I got Safari 10.1.2, while still on Yosemite in July. However, the version in my Applications folder and the one I am running is 9.1.3. Where did the new one go? 😮

User uploaded file

Something seems to be wrong with my Safari installation.

Safari Update on El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.