Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are some artist photos missing in iTunes 12.7 list view

Why are some artist photos missing in iTunes 12.7 list view?

I have read elsewhere that the cause is that only music purchased from iTunes will have artists photos but that is not the case in my library as less than 25% of my 1200+ albums were purchased from iTunes store and a large number of imported CDs contain the photos.

I have also read that using iTunes Match will fill in the photo but that is not true as all of my imported CD's since iTunes 1.0 (mac), and they have been in iTunes Match since its inception.

Using the first hundred artists in my iTunes library:

of the artists with Icon, 26 were purchased and 38 were imported and

of the artists w/o icon, 7 were purchased and 29 were imported

In this case, of artists with photo icon, 41% were purchased but 59% were imported and

of those artists that had no icon, 7% were purchased and 81% were imported

Each album has the correct artwork.

This should be simple to manually change as when viewing by Artist in list view, selecting the artist name and then right-clicking and selecting 'Artist Info' it should bring up a dialog about the artist and allow adding a photo or other info but instead it brings up the same dialog as if you selected all tracks of that artist:

User uploaded file

Is a known bug, is there any manual method of fixing this, is Apple aware of the problem?

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 1:13 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2017 9:33 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jim,

As this is a known problem, exactly what good does it do to report it as in my experience Apple does not pay attention. I see questions of this going back years and yet it's still a problem. Don't get me wrong I'm not being belligerent it's just a fact. I bought my 1st Apple II mid-1977, I have gone thru almost every OS upgrade since that 1st purchase (still have the 1st upgrade Applesoft Tape!). I currently have three generation of MacBook and MacBook Pro, and 2 iMacs. I love Apple products and have been recommending them for years.

When it comes to iTunes Apple spends more time reinventing what was a simple straightforward application with new versions with features that are (to me) less useful while leaving problems like this untouched.

Why are some artist photos missing in iTunes 12.7 list view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.