Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won’t let me sign in to App Store

I can sign in to ICloud, but my phone won’t let me sign in to the App Store, saying my password is wrong. It says my Apple ID for apps and iCloud are different, but when I check online, they are connected and essentially the same ID. What do I do? I can’t download any apps, and when I change my password, they App Store Apple ID still says it’s wrong

Posted on Oct 3, 2017 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 1:59 PM

Ziyihuang,

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities.
I understand your issue to be with your Apple ID and the App Store. The App Store says your password is wrong, even though you have changed it and it still says it is wrong.

Have you tried signing out of the iTunes & App Store in your settings and signing back in?
Settings > iTunes & App Store
Tap on your Apple ID and sign out
Restart your device
Sign back into iTunes & App Store
Please note that signing out of iTunes and App Store will remove saved offline songs if you are an Apple Music member.
Also, here is the article for the Apple ID password. If you forgot your Apple ID password
Let us know the outcome.
Enjoy your day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2017 1:59 PM in response to Ziyihuang

Ziyihuang,

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities.
I understand your issue to be with your Apple ID and the App Store. The App Store says your password is wrong, even though you have changed it and it still says it is wrong.

Have you tried signing out of the iTunes & App Store in your settings and signing back in?
Settings > iTunes & App Store
Tap on your Apple ID and sign out
Restart your device
Sign back into iTunes & App Store
Please note that signing out of iTunes and App Store will remove saved offline songs if you are an Apple Music member.
Also, here is the article for the Apple ID password. If you forgot your Apple ID password
Let us know the outcome.
Enjoy your day!

Oct 15, 2017 9:02 PM in response to sterling r

I have a similar problem with iTunes and App Store but have reset password and tried to sign back in, it glitches and reopens the sign in screen or takes me to “create an Apple ID”. I talked with Apple already and the last thing they said to do was restore my phone, which I do not want to do as I don’t have it backed up. Is there anything else I can try? This only occurred after the iOS 11.0.1 update.

iPhone won’t let me sign in to App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.