Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix not working on Apple TV 4K

I have the new Apple TV but Netflix won't log in. I get the following error:

"Sorry we had trouble logging you in. Netflix is currently unavailable. Please check your Internet connection, or go to www.netflix.com/support for more information. Code 108"

I have looked at networks and also logged out all other devices in Netflix but no joy.

Has anyone else seen this issue and managed to resolve it? If so how?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 11:10 AM

I was able to sign into Netflix. But I'm experiencing a different problem. When the Apple TV is awoken after having gone to sleep, Netflix has sound but no picture. Rebooting the Apple TV fixes the problem. This is strictly a Netflix bug, as Youtube and Hulu continue to work fine after the Apple TV is awoken.

12 replies

Nov 8, 2017 1:55 PM in response to MaccedOut

I realise MaccedOut has resolved his/her issue by disabling IPv6 - however in my situation the fix was different....

The Netflix app on my Apple TV4k was trying to perform DNS lookups over the TCP protocol - not the UDP protocol typically used by DNS. I needed to enable support for DNS over TCP on my firewall. Once I had done that, Netflix worked fine once again.

Hope this helps someone.

Nov 11, 2017 12:35 AM in response to MaccedOut

This issue has me verging on tears I have been battling with it for so long!

I have the Apple TV 4K and when using Netflix I can browse the UI, but when I click play I get green screen and sound only.

It is temperamental and I can make the issue stop for a while if I plug in and remove the HDMI cable. Similarly restarting the Apple TV will sometimes get it to work.

I am using the Apple compliant Belkin UHD 4K HDMI Cable. (And I have purchased multiple high speed 4k HDMI cables to test, and have had the cables assessed by technician)

After troubleshooting (restoring Apple TV, installing Beta updates etc.) Apple decided to replace my Apple TV 4K, however the problem persisted. I quickly came to the conclusion that it has to be HDCP 2.2 to blame and took my TV in for repair under warranty (Bauhn 55'' 4k UHD TV). They replaced the main PCB board.

I brought it home from the repair shop today and all was working fine. I messed around changing over my router as I had been meaning to do it and suddenly the issue is back. I didn't believe the router change over was related, but with the reference to IPv6 etc. I am unsure. I have searched high a low for a firmware update for my specific Bauhn model to no avail. I am sad and frustrated and don't know what to do anymore!

HELP!

Nov 26, 2017 12:52 PM in response to TomDryburgh

There seems to be an issue with waking up the device and using multiple devices. Never had a problem when I was running on 4th gen and one 3rd gen.

CBS LIVE won't play and Netflix either won't play or plays with frequent interruptions.

CBS tech support had me press the TV button once and then twice again. That launches an app that allows you close all your open app. After that everything thing seems to work fine.

Its frustrating as it has become a daily event.

Nov 30, 2017 6:27 PM in response to Malevolenceincarnate

I am also having the same black and sometimes green screen when trying to play Netflix. However it is not showing any Netflix or Hulu content but if i use content that is not 4K like Playstation Vue app. It works fine. Also the screensaver is 4K and it works. Just bought the amazon basic high speed hdmi cable and same result. Also tried setting chroma to 4:2:0 instead of 4:2:2. Would love a solution as this used to work.

Jan 5, 2018 4:53 PM in response to MaccedOut

I fixed this , specifically with DirectTVnow acting up on my ATV4k. It wouldn't load and just show as blank screen. The problem is ipv6 is not used properly in the current tvOS and may need to be corrected in the future. It works fine with ipv4, which my previous ISP was.

Comcast, my current ISP, is IPV6 only apparently. Going into the Network settings on ATV, set DNS to manual and put in the same DNS that your router is displaying. You may need to go into your router via 192.168.1.1 etc whatever it is for yours and find that DNS address. You can leave the IP address to auto and keep it as an ipv4 address assigned by your router's DHCP.

Worked flawlessly after I did this.

Netflix not working on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.